Monday, May 23, 2011

Once a Logistics man, Always a Logistics Man.

After having worked in Logistics as a National Shipping manager for a major food conglomerate, as an Operations manager for a 3PL handling a National Distribution Center and for a domestic forwarder and in Sales offering forwarding services to corporate clients, I decided to leave the world of Logistics and set-up my own small business.

courtesy of fg-a.com
I was fortunate enough to be awarded the PCSO Lotto Franchise for a medium-size mall in Metro Manila and thankfully it has been my main source of income for the last 3 years.

Now its May 2011 and I am trying to get my feet wet again in Logistics. It all started about 2 or 3 months back when the ex-Logistics manager for Ericcson Phils was looking for a 1,000-sqm warehouse to use for their cellsite equipment and cables but I had to tell him I do not know. Next was another customer who was into animal feeds and asking me to help him sell his 1,000-sqm warehouse in Malabon for P10 Million. This was then followed by another colleague in Logistics who left his former company to join another who is into Cold Storage and Dry Warehouse facilities south of Manila. Last was the VP for Supply Chain of a former client but now with a major Meat Processing Company calling me up last December, 2010 if I could help him secure badly-needed Reefer trucks for his Christmas Sales surge.

I could go on but the point I wanted to make is I felt this crazy thing called Logistics calling me. It may sound corny but it is what has happened.

Next week, I start a Logistics Consultancy project with two of my colleagues for a Consumer company. At the same time, I joined a new domestic forwarding company, RebNet Distribution, as an Independent Sales Agent and I am now actively looking for clients for our Airfreight Service as well as Special Projects (such as mobilization of cellsite equipment & cellsite tower materials in remote provincial sites).

Amen.

By the way, I would like to invite you to visit my Sulit Homepage as there are some business opportunities that you guys might be able to help me out with. If you are interested, just click the Sulit Logo below:

My Sulit Homepage

No comments:

Post a Comment